Sunday, August 29, 2010

All good things must end





So I'm down to my finals week. Final weekend in Bulgaria, final lesson, final days of school, final trips, final social events. :( It's been really fun. I think that Bulgaria would definitely not be to some people's tastes, but I've really enjoyed it.

Dining out has been fun here. There have been some fantastic translations, like "soup of globule" (?!) and "nervous meatballs" (we've actually seen that one a couple times) and "chilly peppers". But we're grateful when there are English menus. Also, the Bulgarians either seem to come in a fun size (which is to say very small and slim) or absolutely massive. It's a little disconcerting.

Today we took a little trip to Rila monastery in the southern part of Bulgaria. It was lovely, and we couldn't have asked for better weather. The scenery was stunning, cause the monastery is set up in the Rhodope mountains and the architecture is really cool. We enjoyed wandering around as seeing the Orthodox priests in their black and beards wandering around (it's still a functioning monastery).

This past week involved going to a soccer game and some quality wandering time. The soccer game was outstanding, not so much for the actual play but for the ambience. It was fantastic! There was lots of singing and chanting and yelling and booing. It was pretty cool.

So now I'm just wrapping up the course. One last lesson tomorrow and I am pretty well finished. For those who don't know, I will be going to Saudi Arabia to teach at a university for a year. I'll be heading there next month, no I haven't lost my mind, and yes I'm very VERY excited. More adventures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment